I love this. It is very easy to prepare.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 & 1/4 lb)
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups pasta sauce (any variety, I like Ragu)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each piece of chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. In a shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish, beat egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 10 – 15 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Pour pasta sauce around chicken in skillet; heat until hot. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken.
4 servings. Serve the chicken over hot spaghetti and top with the sauce and more cheese if desired.