- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow or white cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour13X9 pan. Combine butter and brown sugar, divide and spread evenly in the pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over the brown sugar mixture, arrange banana slices evenly on top of mixture..
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Turn cake upside down on a cookie sheet lined with foil, gently tap bottom and carefully remove pan, replacing caramel mixture that sticks to pan.