- 1 lb new potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 10-oz package frozen cut broccoli or flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter of margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 & 3/4 –oz can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8-oz container sour cream
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 & 1/2 cups chopped baked ham
- 1/2 (15-oz) pkg. refrigerated pie crusts
Cook chopped potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes or until barely tender; drain. Meanwhile cook broccoli according to package directions; drain.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion. cook 10 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to brown, stirring often
Combine soup and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Stir in onions, potatoes, broccoli and ham. Spoon ham mixture in a greased 3 & 1/2 quart baking dish.
Unfold pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and press out fold lines. roll pastry to extend 3/4 inches beyond edges of casserole. Place pasty over ham minture. Seal edges and crimp. Cut slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden. let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.