•1 1/2 cups sugar
•1/4 cup water
•2 egg whites
•2 tablespoons light corn syrup
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine sugar, water, egg whites, corn syrup, and salt in the top of a double boiler; blend.
2. Place over simmering water.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture constantly at high speed for 7 minutes or until the mixture triples in volume and holds firm peaks.
4. Remove from heat; beat in vanilla.
5. Spread on cooled 2 layer cake.
I used to make this frosting a lot when the kids were home. I love it. Always reminded me of marshmallow crème which I love.