Monday, March 28, 2011

Ham and Beans

You will not believe this and I am still smiling. My new sis in law sent me an email asking me how to fix ham and beans. I thought everyone was born knowing how to do this. Maybe not, so here are the instructions I gave her.


1. Sort through beans and pick out rocks, etc.

2. Rinse beans a couple of times.

3. Pour boiling water over the beans in the pan you are going to cook them in. Cover and let sit for half an hour.

4. Drain beans. Add 1 chopped onion. Cover with water but don’t drown the beans. LOL Add ham bone or bits of ham.

5. Bring to a boil, cover,then turn heat down to simmer and cook till done. Remove the bone and put ham from bone back into the beans.

6. Season to taste.

Now get busy and make some corn bread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment