- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar glaze
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 15”X10” (jelly roll) pan.
- In large bowl,stir cake mix, oil, water, vanilla and eggs until batter forms.
- Set aside 3/4 cup batter. Spread remaining batter evenly in pan. Spread pie filling evenly over batter in pan. Drop remaining batter, 1 tablespoonful at a time onto pie filling, spreading slightly.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean, Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
2 tbsp. warm milk
1 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
Blend together thoroughly.