Monday, March 28, 2011

Peach Pie

While my sister was visiting me she asked for my recipe for peach pie. There is nothing to it I told her. She asked me to write it down for her anyway. Here it is.  This is my own recipe that I have tweaked through the years until it suits me.

•1 pkg Pillsbury ready to use 2 pie crusts
•1 large can of peach slices (do not drain)
•1 cup sugar
•3 tablespoons flour
•1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix the flour, cinnamon and sugar together in a medium size saucepan (use your fingers so there are no lumps) Add the peaches, juice included to the flour/sugar mixture. Stir to mix the ingredients together. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken and starts to bubble. Remove from heat.

Line 9 inch pie tin with the bottom crust. Pour the filling in. Dot the top of filling with margarine or butter. Add the top crust. Crimp edges together. Cut slits in top and sprinkle with sugar. Place pie on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven until pie is golden brown and juice is bubbling out of the slits, about 45 – 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment